West Gloucestershire Society was founded in 1935 by a group of Forest of Dean artists, and was re-formed in 1965 by Handel Protheroe, the then tutor at Lydney Art College.

It arranged successful exhibitions in and around the Forest of Dean for many years, but in February 2020 the members decided at an Extraordinary General Meeting that it could not continue, and it is now being disbanded.

This web site with the Members’ Galleries will be here for a short time but will be closed later in 2020.

Images on this site are copyright of the artist or photographer and they must not be reproduced without permission.